Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:58 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 pm
Adam Shefter
Bengals three-time Pro-Bowl DE Trey Hendrickson has requested to be traded from Cincinnati, per league source. Hendrickson is due to make $15 million this season, and is looking for more long-term security than Cincinnati has been willing to offer.
Is this Trey himself or just his agent? That makes a big difference, and honestly I don't put much weight into this just like I didn't put much weight into Higgins agent doing the same thing. This is a business and Hendrickson might not be in their long term plans.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:58 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Adam Shefter
Bengals three-time Pro-Bowl DE Trey Hendrickson has requested to be traded from Cincinnati, per league source. Hendrickson is due to make $15 million this season, and is looking for more long-term security than Cincinnati has been willing to offer.
Is this Trey himself or just his agent? That makes a big difference, and honestly I don't put much weight into this just like I didn't put much weight into Higgins agent doing the same thing. This is a business and Hendrickson might not be in their long term plans.
I don't see how players like Bates, Hendrickson and others, our best, are not in our long term plans.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:
Adam Shefter
I don't see how players like Bates, Hendrickson and others, our best, are not in our long term plans.
He signed an extension last year, he's under contract for 2 years. He shouldn't have signed the extension honestly, so this just screams I'm trying to get some leverage when there's none to be had.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm

Bro…YOU signed the frickin extension less than a year ago! This kinda greed pisses me off

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:
Adam Shefter

Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr
I can confirm Trey Hendrickson has requested a trade, as
@AdamSchefter reported .
I can also confirm the #Bengals have zero interest in dealing him and don’t intend to do so.
Just as with Tee Higgins, they are trying to win the Super Bowl this year, not deal stars.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:
Adam Shefter

Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr
I can confirm Trey Hendrickson has requested a trade, as
@AdamSchefter reported .
I can also confirm the #Bengals have zero interest in dealing him and don’t intend to do so.
Just as with Tee Higgins, they are trying to win the Super Bowl this year, not deal stars.
Do you blame them?

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 pm

Wow. Y’all gotta watch this interview with Whitworth. Probably exactly how it’s gone down with Trey

https://twitter.com/joegoodberry/status ... ediaviewer

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm

Hendrickson is signed for two more years and will be 32 years old when his contract is up. He is more than welcome to hit the road then as his better days will be way behind him and some team will overpay for him to play a total of 14 games (six sacks) over two seasons before cutting him and taking a big cap hit sending him into retirement with a big fat wallet.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:53 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 pm
Wow. Y’all gotta watch this interview with Whitworth. Probably exactly how it’s gone down with Trey

https://twitter.com/joegoodberry/status ... ediaviewer
This video also shows that the apple doesn't fall far from.the tree. Katie and her husband come off like SoP light.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 am

Trey Hendrickson after signing and extension less than a year ago:

“Great coaches, great people and a great organization. It starts from the top all the way down. I get to be a part of that for another year. It’s special.”

“I want to stay a Bengal. They gave me a tremendous opportunity two years ago. There were a lot of question marks around my name. They believed in me. I still have the same desire to prove them right with the way they’ve invested in me. That’s not something I take lightly. I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.”

Trey Hendrickson yesterday: “wait DEs are making how much?”