2024 Draft Predictions.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: 2024 Draft Predictions.

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 am
DT is clearly the biggest gap on the team. Byron Murphy will be long gone & they have a serviceable plan for next year at tackle.
What is there "serviceable plan" for next year at tackle...?
the same one we've used for the last 3 years with Reiff, collins, brown

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:18 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 am
Bengals1 wrote:
DT is clearly the biggest gap on the team. Byron Murphy will be long gone & they have a serviceable plan for next year at tackle.
Yeah, I don't believe that's good enough. They need a starting quality RT to sit behind Trent Brown and take over next season since Brown only signed a 1-year contract.

And RT is too important a position to trust to a 4th or 5th round pick imo. If they can't score one of the top four Tackles in this draft they better be ready to tap one in the 2nd. Or maybe even package some picks and move up.

Either way, they need a long term solution at RT and they need it now.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:01 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:18 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:

Yeah, I don't believe that's good enough. They need a starting quality RT to sit behind Trent Brown and take over next season since Brown only signed a 1-year contract.

And RT is too important a position to trust to a 4th or 5th round pick imo. If they can't score one of the top four Tackles in this draft they better be ready to tap one in the 2nd. Or maybe even package some picks and move up.

more than a capable DT?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:01 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:18 pm
skycruiser wrote:

more than a capable DT?
Yes. Keeping Joe Glass upright and healthy is priority 1...period.

The type of DT we're looking for is a run stopper, a space eater. Those can be found in round 2.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 pm

The type of DT we're looking for is a run stopper, a space eater. Those can be found in round 2.
like who?

basically you're saying that drafting a back up with our first round pick at a position where we've been able to find very serviceable, experienced, and affordable former probowlers is more important than drafting a starter in a Chris Jones type mold that can absolutely wreck games and keep us from being the #29 team in giving up explosive plays. neat.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 pm
basically you're saying that drafting a back up with our first round pick at a position where we've been able to find very serviceable, experienced, and affordable former probowlers is more important than drafting a starter in a Chris Jones type mold that can absolutely wreck games and keep us from being the #29 team in giving up explosive plays. neat.
We disagree that our rotation at RT has been "serviceable."

To me, it's been a revolving door of so-so and journeymen back ups. We need to solidify the position which is arguably the third most important on the O-line behind LT and Center.

I'm not going to go through the available DT's in this year's draft. By round 2 there will obviously by imperfections on all of them. Reader himself was a 5th round pick originally don't forget.

It's just a matter of priority imo. The only season Joe Glass played all 17 games we went to the Super Bowl. That ought to say something right there.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 am

I kinda like Mims based off plain potential but would not be upset if it was Newton, Murphy or Bowers...
Having said that they'll prolly go with a WR or CB :|

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:13 am

TheBurn wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 am
I kinda like Mims based off plain potential but would not be upset if it was Newton, Murphy or Bowers...
Having said that they'll prolly go with a WR or CB :|
Be careful Mims isn't the popular pick here... I agree with you 100% though his potential is sky high.

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 am

If we don't come away with at least 2 OL in first 4 picks, I believe this draft will be a disappointment. All four of Burrow's seasons were ended due to poor OL play. Two were Burrow injuries. The other two were Joe getting too much pressure, preventing him from making a play. Only Orlando, Volson, and Cappa are signed past this season. Volson is a fringe starter at best. The OL needs an influx of talent on rookie deals badly. If there is a draft to do it, this is it.
The guy I want is Zach Frazier. I've known Duke Manyweather for 3 years now and he always has favorites. Guys that when he talks about then his eyes light up like they're his own children. Those guys have been Sewell, Slater, Meiner, Creed, Trey Smith, and Steve Avila. This year Frazier is the guy. He also speaks highly of Mims, Beebe, and Mason McCormick. The later his all become studs.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 am

Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 am
If we don't come away with at least 2 OL in first 4 picks, I believe this draft will be a disappointment.
Welcome back to the land of the living.